Cistern connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my tenant reported a leak from the cistern ( highlighted). I reckoned all that was needed was a new fibre washer and some pipe tape. I couldn't attend to the job so asked a local plumber to have a look. The attached pictures show his solution and the difficulty he encountered due the the difference in length of the threaded spigot. Neat but unnecessary!. I would appreciate your opinion's
. Thanks
RenderedI.jpg
RenderedI.jpg
IMG-20210525-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20210525-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210525-WA0003.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20210525-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20210525-WA0002.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
Improvise, adapt and overcome

could of done with a longer inlet, but saying that did the merchants have one, I’ve seen worst

Nothing wrong with that if that was the size of fill valve that was available. Why did the tenant have a leak in the first place? That plastic fill valve didn't cross thread on it's own.

Sponsored Links
Fair play...he's worked with what hes got there..better access to the pipework and i imagine he would have altered the pipework to suit.

You’ve already complimented him for it looking neat. Agree with others, if that’s all that was available, unless of course you could do it better?

unless of course you could do it better?[/QUOTE] With a new washer and some pipe tape.

Anyone remember Opella plastic taps - well we replaced hundreds of them when I worked for a Housing Association. Not cross threaded but the plastic decayed . The association were good landlords ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back