cistern leaking into pan Dual flush push button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks, any genius' out there. I have a close coupled toilet that dribbles water into the pan. Cant see a makers name on the flush unit but Ive had it out and both myself and a guy at Plumb Centre cant see a problem with either the action or the seal, it all looks new. Ive cleaned it even though it didnt need it but cant see why it dribbles. It ont dribble when the water covers the join between the unit and the cistern but any higher and off it goes. It also didnt dribble when the cistern was bone dry but after a flush when it got wet again, it didnt want to seal properly. Help please, ive used all my brain cells on this.

Sponsored Links
You went to Dumb Centre for advice :?: :!:

What sort of flush unit do you have; syphon, flush valve, flapper?

Is it button or handle operated?
If button, is it on the top or front?

A picture would be nice.

Many thanks, heres a few pics of the un named beast. Toilet leaks into pan with only three inches of water. Its a push button type dual flush valve. Unit sticks sometimes and doesnt always drop but even when it does it still allows a seep. Cant see anything wrong with the seal, or the bit affixed to the cistern that it drops into, all looks smooth. Its a mystery. No makers name on the toliet or the flush unit and ive not found it on any site. aaargh.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, Where is it, dont think unit has one. have you seen the picture, ta.

Cant find the picture.

Try replacing unit with this, Fluidmaster Flapper valve unit .

Simple easy to repair/ replace flapper if required

pro72uk_flapperflushvalvekit_240.png

Thanks but not the right one unfortunately. Just managed to attach photos of the flusher, many thanks.

It is the right one, just as the valve you have now or a syphon are the right ones. They all fit, they all do the same job.

Fit the flapper, as suggested. ;)

Much appreciated, didnt realise I could use that type. I think that will do a much better job, thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back