Cistern siphon 1 push button fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone advise what could be the matter with my 1 push button siphon?

It was working fine for five years but suddenly what started as a intermittent fault and now stopped work full stop.

The fault is when the push button is pressed nothing happens. I have taken the lid off and checked the ball-float and this is fine filling the tank ok, but when pressing the siphon with the lid removed nothing happens.

Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated.

Grover

Sponsored Links
I'll hazard a guess, It's a SIAMP and the little hook at the top has jumped over the connecting rod.

Al

Sponsored Links
have you tried increasing the water level in the cistern, looks as though its dropped down a bit? you can try and disassembling the siphon, looks like you can undo the large white nut just above the blue base or it may come out with a quarter turn, it may need a clean or you might see what the problem is.

I have taken the syphon above the blue part apart and there is just a outter tube securing the plunger which is held in with a spring to ensure the plunger comes up.

Nothing else unfortunately. I have found when you turn the plunger around whilst pressing it down causes the toilt to fush.

Is there a repair for this or do I have to replace it?

Can some advise what model syphon kit I have from the pics posted earlier.

Thanks in advance

Grover

It's called pacific flush valve.

Available at www.lunns.net for just over £50

If you press down on the centre tube what happens ?

is it stuck open or closed ?

Thanks Al when I press drown nothing happens, where normally it would just flush without any hesitation.

I assume it is closed whilst the mechanical operation is working normarlly.

Grover

WOW just looking at their website £50 pounds for replacement, is this not a bit steep?

Is there not a cheaper alternative or is it because the Pacific is the Rolls Royce equivilant?

Again any help on the matter is always greatly appreciated

Thankyou

Grover

I thought the Pacific had been discontinued years ago. (Derwent Macdee)

There are umpteen cheaper replacements. You could fit a flapper valve or flush valve. Fluidmaster do both and either would do the job.

I think Lunns are taking the yellow fluid with some of those prices!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back