Cistern to Cylinder height difference and power shower and..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I'm new here and guess what? I need help! :confused:
There I was thinking I had the design of my proposed power shower installation well & truly sorted when I received the Warix flange, in the post. There, to my horror, printed on the package is a diagram specifying a minimum height difference of 1.2m between the Warix and the underside of the cold water cistern. I had not planned for that because the copper cylinder is destined for the loft I cannot achieve 1.2m, only 0.5m. Of the layouts I have viewed online I have not seen any using a flange (Warix, Surrey or Essex) requiring any minimum height dimension, so my plans are thrown into chaos.
The power shower is a 'nice to have' but if I have to revert to a gravity then so be it. What I'm really worried about is that I have overlooked a fundamental rule dictating a minimum head between cistern & DHW cylinder.

As I see it I have the following options:
1. Find an alternative type of flange that does not have that height constraint and go for the power shower.
Could anyone tell me if a Surrey, Essex or whatever would be suitable in my case?

2. Keep the Warix and revert to a gravity shower. I'm assuming that the 1.2m height differential is only a requirement of a power shower install and that 0.5m will be OK for a gravity. Is that right? I hope so!

3. Take no notice of the diagram and just b****y do it! Power shower and all. :eek:

All the work that is to be carried out; new bathroom layout, without an airing cupboard, & re-vamped central heating revolves around the cylinder going in the loft so if there is some 'rule', I am not aware of, dictating a minimum height between cistern & cylinder I'm really in the s**t!

BTW The intended power shower is a Mira Event, which is an integral pump type.

All help and advice readily and gratefully accepted. :)

Cheers.
Big Bob.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back