Cylinder outlet size for Surrey flange

30 Jan 2012
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Attached is a photo of my hot water cylinder top outlet. The pipework you can see is 28mm, though it gets slimmed down to 22mm just out of shot. I intend to fit a Surrey flange to feed a pumped shower (cylinder is boxed in so no easy access for Essex).

What size Surrey do I need? Or when it's all unscrewed at the top do you think I'm going to want a female (Warix) type flange?

Thanks for any advice that will save me going back and forth to the merchant while the family waits impatiently (I have teenagers) for hot water to be restored!

Sponsored Links
I would suspect when you unscrew the male iron to copper from the top tapping in the cylinder you'll find a 28mm Surrey Flange will screw back in. The Surrey Flange will have 2x 28mm tappings, use top (obviously) for HW to taps and the side (which connects to the dip tube) for the shower supply.
Thanks for the reply. Follow up question: most Surrey flanges I've seen are said to have 22mm side outlet for shower and 28mm top for the vent. But from the pictures I've seen, they look to have mi threads and seats, and mi don't come in mm, but inches. I'm confused!
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local