Cistern water level adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to adjust the water level in my cistern. It has what looks like a ratchet device and I would have expected to see some sort of adustment screw but there isn't. I have tried to pull the ratchet but am afraid to do too much in case it breaks. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

Sponsored Links
Just move the blue float up or down in the red arm depending whether you want to decrease (move down) or increase (move up) the level. It is plastic so take it easy but it should move up and down without breaking

Sponsored Links
It may be a screw type, can you screw it up or down? If not then there is a bit of a knack to it, the blue float arm has 'steps' on it and the red arm has 3 'fingers' 2 on one side top and bottom one on the other side in the middle. It's just a case of manipulation the blue arm so the steps pass the middle finger. I use my finger nails to raise the middle finger slightly and wiggle/twist the blue rod up or down but again be very careful

Have you got any smaller pictures? :rolleyes:

They are designed to be stiff so they do not move unaided.
I presume you are trying to raise the water level. It looks as though the float is set at its lowest already.

Turn the float anti-clockwise to raise the level. The blue rod should be threaded.

Sorry, but there doesn't seem any way to move it inside the ratchety thing.
Just rotate the blue part and it will move up or down, depending on which way you rotate it. The long spindle is a screw thread.

Support the orange arm
Turn the blue float so it rises or falls, courtesy of its coarse screw thread.....it'll move alright.
The float can disconnect from the arm (intentionally), so do support things!
John :)

you must be seriously winding us up,or seriously uselss at plumbing.How you can figure out how to use a pc and upload pix,yet that gismo is beyond you,even after repeated explanations!!!!,,,yes defo a wind up merchant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back