citreon picasso diesel intermittent non start.

That sounds like the glow plug relay you are describing , keep looking under the bonnet you will find it, try looking near side at the back and down a bit .

Sponsored Links
It seems mine was a crank positioning sensor that wasn't communicating with the fuel pump, I got from Citroen for £28.00 a patent part was £15.00 from BMS and just one bolt to change it :) :D :D :D :D

I have a 2.0 Citroen Picasso 2002 that keeps cutting out after about a mile of driving.

When I turn the key, I can hear the pump in the tank start (quiet noisy now). She starts with no problem but can still hear the pump in tank going.

Drive for a mile and she just cuts out (no sound from pump). Try to start her again straight after she has stopped and she wont start. Either wait for a couple of minutes or lock car and unlock car, turn key pump starts and then car starts and drives for approx 1 mile again.

Im sure the pump wasn't as noisy as it is now.
Pump, relay or something else?

Thanks for any help!!!

Sponsored Links
i found out my problem, it was the crank positioning sensor that was at fault. intermitent and not calling for fuel from the pump. the citroen dealer part was £28 a patent part cost £15 and its just one bolt that holds it on. :D :D

Very difficult without an oscilloscope mate - however symptoms can be:
Not starting at all
Starting from cold, but not starting from hot
Cutting out on the move.
As you can see - most eventualities are covered but at £30 and held on with only one bolt its worth a punt.
Its on the bellhousing top, slightly to the back.
John :)

John, thanks for the prompt reply, popped the picasso into local garage today they put the scanner on it seeems like i might have an air flow meter problem, at least thats the code which popped up. located on on euro parts for £71

Sponsored Links
Back