1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Citroen door sensor problem?

Discussion in 'General Cars' started by Smithy121, 22 Feb 2012.

1. Smithy121

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello all,

Mrs Smithy has just reported that her beloved C2 (6 years old I think) is refusing to lock because it thinks the passenger door is open. It obviously isn't.

I'm presuming this is a sensor problem of some kind, does anyone know how one goes about fixing this? The car's not with me at present but it would be good to have a plan of action when it returns later on.

Is it a case of locate sensor, clean, kick, cross fingers? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Mursal

Thanks Received:
    Ireland
    Best not to kick anyone, locate door sensor and swap with another door. See if the problem moves?

3. TicklyT

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I had similar probs with a courtesy light door switch on a Renault. The cheap 'n' cheerful plastic switch had fallen apart. Usual eye-watering sort of price for a replacement from a main stealer, but the local scrappy was happy to give one away. If it's a 'pick your own' yard, get one from the passenger side - chances are it's seen less wear than the driver's door.