city and guilds 2391 part 2

RMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, has anyone completed this course? if so, is it worth it and what does it entail exactly. Thinking about putting myself through it?

thanks

Sponsored Links
If you only do part 1 I believe you are classed as an electricians mate, not an electrician - meaning you will always be working under supervision. Part 2 qualifies you to work alon and get more money. Its much harder then part 1 but definately worth it. I think

the 2391 is the inspection and testing course.
as far as i know it doesn't come in parts.
I'm sure someone will elaborate.

superspark said:
the 2391 is the inspection and testing course.
as far as i know it doesn't come in parts.
I'm sure someone will elaborate.

2391 as you know it is now 2391 part 1
the part two is what used to be the 2400 design course

Sponsored Links
Tony, The course you were referring is the 2330 (which replaced the 2360). The 2391 is I&T but doesn't affect your job title.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Think i mis read question or assumed it was regarding 2330 as Part 1 and 2 was discussed.

Sorry

:oops: :oops:

The Guilds have introduced a number of changes
The old 2360 is now the 2330.
The old 2391 is now 2391 part 1.
The old 2400 is now 2391 part 2.

The 2330 part 2 includes a fair chunk of the subject matter covered in 2391.

Having made enquiries of a number of colleges earlier this year not one of them knew anything about a 2391 Part 2. In fact I was categorically told by a couple that there was definitely no such thing.

Trying to search the C & G didn't help, either, but then, the C & G website has never been much use - even when you have the password to get onto the tutors' materials!

I'm not saying it doesn't exist; just that I've been unable to find anywhere you can syudy it if it does.

Details from a college here:

"The Course fee is £435 and includes Course Notes, a copy of Inspection & Testing Guidance Note 3 (Second Edition), City & Guild’s written Examination Fee. The 3 Hour one-to-one assessment test is an additional £120."

That will get you your 2391 part 1 for £435, the extra £120 is for part 2 (3 Hour one-to-one assessment test)

And the exam details:

2391-101
Inspection, Testing & Certification of Electrical Installations
(6.30pm - 9.00pm)

2391-201
Design, Erection, Verification & Certification of Electrical Installations
(6.30pm - 9.30pm)

So seems there are 2 parts but lots of colleges offer only part 1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back