Part P (again, sorry!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This link , provided by SwindonSparky

http://www.eca.co.uk/partp/files/public/010_Part P of the Building Regulations Explained.pdf
is a Good Thing.

Therein lie designations of courses :

S/NVQ Level 3 in Installing and Commissioning Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment
City & Guilds 236 Part 1, 2 or C certificate
NVQ Level 3 in Electrotechnical Services (Installation - Buildings and Structures)
City & Guilds 2360 Part 1, 2 or C certificate
A registered electrical apprenticeship
City & Guilds 2356 Part 1 or 2
EAL Level 2 Certificate for Domestic Electrical Installers
City & Guilds 2391
City & Guilds 2380
City & Guilds 2400
City & Guilds 2381
SQA tailored award in Design and Verification
of Electrical Installations
City & Guilds A, B or C certificate

None of which mean a Darn Thang to me. Can anyone tell me how long any of the above take, day release or whatever? And approximately what ££?

I have done a (old, acops ressurrected) course which Corgi accept for limited scope work, only relating to heating systems and a subsection at that. It was a farce, in fact.

Sponsored Links
Me again just to boot the Q up to the top.
SOMEBODY must have done one of these courses!

Completed 2360 part 1 doing 2360 part 2 course takes 2 years in total (night school) cost £440 per year

You could also try here though many on this forum think that such "instant electrician" courses are a Bad Thing.

Sponsored Links
Done..

236 Part 1 (1year Block)
236 Part 2 (1 Year Block)
236 Part C (2 Year Block)
232 Supplementary Electronics (Within 1st year course)
2380 (16th the Edition Course) (5 days)
HNC Electrical Engineering (2 Years Day release and two evenings plus Holidays)

Thanks chaps. It seems then that if I do the 16th ed course(1 week) then another of similar length on Testing, that'll do.

I can leave out the years of getting t&e under floorboards and chasing walls.

I must admit that in the domestic field, I don't think there's all that much to learn. Perhaps practitioners may feel differently. I have done some rewires and elec eng before, which helps a little.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back