City and Guilds NVQ Level 3 Plumbing

It sort of begs the question; why is all this money & funding being spent on course cowboys?? When kids are leaving Skool & are unable to get apprentiships, cause employers can't get college courses for them. No funding, for the largest number of unemployed in the UK - 18 to 25 year old kids. My fellow Torries are blamed for spending cuts, but these chancers are grabbing all the funding!!!

In my view mature apprenticeships & course cowboys should be self-funded only, as entering the trade as a Skool leaver is the only way, most of the course cowboys can't get jobs after going through these Mickey Mouse courses, end up going self-employed & paying no tax. In every regard, no one over the age of 20 should be permitted to train as a Plumber, it has only a detrimental effect on our trade.

haha

if you must know why I was a late starter I spent 4 years in the infantry where believe it or not we didnt get much plumbing experience

Ah yes, the daft 'n' barmy. It's great how the UK citizens' Tax is being spent on squaddies being retrained to steal work from time-served real Plumbers. I didn't vote for that!! All my dad got was a demob suit, but they were real men - not the whingers you lot are.

Sponsored Links
It sort of begs the question; why is all this money & funding being spent on course cowboys?? When kids are leaving Skool & are unable to get apprentiships, cause employers can't get college courses for them. No funding, for the largest number of unemployed in the UK - 18 to 25 year old kids. My fellow Torries are blamed for spending cuts, but these chancers are grabbing all the funding!!!

In my view mature apprenticeships & course cowboys should be self-funded only, as entering the trade as a Skool leaver is the only way, most of the course cowboys can't get jobs after going through these Mickey Mouse courses, end up going self-employed & paying no tax. In every regard, no one over the age of 20 should be permitted to train as a Plumber, it has only a detrimental effect on our trade.

haha

if you must know why I was a late starter I spent 4 years in the infantry where believe it or not we didnt get much plumbing experience

Ah yes, the daft 'n' barmy. It's great how the UK citizens' Tax is being spent on squaddies being retrained to steal work from time-served real Plumbers. I didn't vote for that!! All my dad got was a demob suit, but they were real men - not the whingers you lot are.

No but this sort of thing maybe why you were voted out of the cc? I think the op will be time served when he's finished college, sounds like he's with a firm and in the work shop a day a week? Isn't that how you trained?

haha

No but this sort of thing maybe why you were voted out of the cc? I think the op will be time served when he's finished college, sounds like he's with a firm and in the work shop a day a week? Isn't that how you trained?

LOL!!! Yes well you could be right mate, but your statement infers that the DIYdoughnuts combustion chamber pot is full of elite artisans - when in fact many of the members therein can be found wanting!!!......... :rolleyes:

I love your view that the OPs apprenticeship will be complete when he's finished his Mickey Mouse course, where a proper apprenticeship will take 4 years minimum. Regardless, I wish you both the best of luck in the future.

He is on a 4 year apprenticeship or did he say fastrack?? :oops: I'll have to go check. I think he's on a 4 year? Anyway, no need to lay into him bout being a squaddie or the funding being made available. the funding is there for kids too, be wise not to beleive everything the daily mail tells you :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yes I've been on a proper apprenticeship. Everyone has to start somewhere mate. Unless you were playing with copper instead of kinex as a child?

Yes I've been on a proper apprenticeship. Everyone has to start somewhere mate. Unless you were playing with copper instead of kinex as a child?

Pleased to hear it mate. No, I did an indentured apprenticeship for 4 years starting when I left Skool, as it should be done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back