LEVEL 3 GAS NVQ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi not been on for a while i am studying plumbing and heating nvq level 2 at college was told last week to do level 3 which is gas we have to study full time and get a job with a plumbing company
does anyone know if this is true
does anyone know where else you can do a gas qualification
cheers

Sponsored Links
Thank the lord its true, I believe that NVQ2 should be subjected to this to as we are getting loads of lads/ladettes coming out with a shiney bit of paper but shag all experiance.

Our company is looking for NVQ2 qualified peeps to pop through NVQ3 so if we are loads of others must be too!

Good luck

The NVQ2 DOES require practical work experiences to be assessed as part of the course.

If the practical work cannot be checked then they only issue a Technical Certificate.

The Colleges are pretty blase about assessing the work on site and as long as you give an address and there is a boiler there then a pass is virtually assured.

Its such a pity that the examination authorities dont take employers requirements into account.

Tony

NOT for the technical certification agile, you only get the full nvq when an external verification.

Maybe you did not understand my answer You DO NOT have to be employed to be enrolled on the NVQ2 whereas you DO need to be employed in the industry to enrol on the NVQ3.

hope that cleared it up for you

Sponsored Links
I thought thats what I said about the NVQ2.

I had not commented on the NVQ3 which officially requires employment in the industry to mirror the gas ACS.

The reality is different! I know someone who has come to me for an afternoon work experience and he is employed as a clerk but NOT in the gas industry.

Tony

What gets me the most tony is that under CORGI's approved contractor scheme they can get on it a darn site easier than a chap who has been doing it for donkeys but has no NVQ i mean come on!!!

If i where you lad i would drop out stright away the gas game is bo...llocks
you will be grey at 28 and under the so d s at 48 KEEP WELL AWAY

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back