Cladding a shower area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm about to start cladding a new shower room that has been added to the side of my kitchen taking some area from my garage. The walls are bare breeze block which I intend to battern and then clad. When it comes to the shower base obviously I want to get a good seal where the caldding meets up to the shower base. I'm just not confident that siliconing along where they meet is enough. I've no experience of doing anything like this and would really welcome any help or advice on what the best way to go about this is.

Many thanks.

I've added the picture below to show the surfaces I'm working with.

Sponsored Links
So are you intending to use shower/wet room cladding rather than tiles or are you referring to cladding as in tile backer board/plasterboard & tiling over that?

So are you intending to use shower/wet room cladding rather than tiles or are you referring to cladding as in tile backer board/plasterboard & tiling over that?

Sorry about the delay in replying. I'm intending to use the shower room cladding rather than tiles.

No experience of cladding so, sorry, can't really help but why not tile?

I’ve seen some quality cladding in bathrooms & it looked fine but, IMO, it will never look as classy as a good tile job. I’ve no idea of the difference in cost but to me cladding looks, sort of, cheap & rental!

Sponsored Links
what type of cladding are you using??...most have to be applied to a solid back..i.e.plasterboards etc then using pink grip etc you apply the boards to these,..score the back of the boards so you have a key for the pink grip etc,,....then using the H joining strip and the supplied glue, run the glue from the top off the H joining strip downwards before butting the wetboards together...

if you do a search on the tile forum."Rearo Boards"..you will get all the info you need.. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back