Shower cubicle cladding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am going to renew my shower in the next few weeks but wanted to cover the walls quick but make sure they are watertight has anyone used any sort of plastic wall cladding for showers ? I am concerned about the amount if joints to click in and seal as it's 250 mm wide so 4 joins in 1m . Also where the shower door screws to the walls will the cladding collapse as I see it's hollow ?

Any help please as I don't have time or money to tile the cubicle .

Thank you shaun

Sponsored Links
The cheap cladding on ebay will collapse but the half decent stuff should be ok but it will obviously pinch a bit. You can be clever and pump a load of silicone into the channels where you know the screws are going to be and let it set before fixing.

My supplier is in birmingham but I know they will post, they do a budget range of internal cladding, all you need to do is score the back, score the tiles and no nails the cladding to the shower cubicle, they will advise on joints and leaks etc
0121 311 2666

The cheap cladding on ebay will collapse but the half decent stuff should be ok but it will obviously pinch a bit. You can be clever and pump a load of silicone into the channels where you know the screws are going to be and let it set before fixing.

My supplier is in birmingham but I know they will post, they do a budget range of internal cladding, all you need to do is score the back, score the tiles and no nails the cladding to the shower cubicle, they will advise on joints and leaks etc
0121 311 2666

Thank you for the reply so do you fit the cladding? What sort of finish do you get ? Does your supplier have a web site so I can see what they sell ? Also what thickness do you normally fit as I see there are three 5mm, 8mm and 10mm? Thanks shaun

No I don't fit, we do roofing but I did my shower cubicle in it and used the 10mm stuff, 1st time I did it DIY jobbie easy as pie mate

Sponsored Links
No web site they'll just send u out a brochure for u to choose the colour etc but if its a cheapy just go for a white budget range

dont like the stuff at all...seen to many failures with the cheap crap you get from the sheds...

Hi thanks for the reply what do you mean by cheap stuff from the sheds?

I have been looking at a few websites but most of them sell on eBay too how will I know if it cheap or not ?

I am going to call the company me roofline told me about but any more good quality ones I would love to know about

Thanks Shaun

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back