cladding hiding a mess

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
evening all,

I'm after some advice please, I have removed some plastic claddings from around my bedroom window and to be honest I was greeted with a lovely mess!! my question is what to do in preparation for the Plasterer as I would like the plaster right to the window for a nice neat job!! I have included some photos to explain better!!

thanks in advance lee

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Looks like you just need some more expanding foam to fill the void around the window. Then they can plaster upto it maybe angle it a touch so it meets the window.

If you get the one time use diy foam cans (rather than a proper gun) then masking tape and cover everything first! Those cans are very hard to control

What's at the top of the window doesn't look very secure ?

thanks for both your replies, I was thinking of maybe screwing some plasterboard in the side reveals so they level up with the original wall? the top part was a bit loose, but it's actually the soffit board from outside which is then cemented to to join the internal wall!!!! i found a timer frame above it so managed to screw and secure it better!!! now I'm thinking of bonding plasterboard over it so its sound for the plasterer. does that sound ok?

Sponsored Links
Thats fine but I would still foam it too for the thermal and sound insulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back