Side strip for windows on cladded houses

26 Aug 2016
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all,

The front of my house has cladding on it (tin panels that look like wood overlap). I have two windows at the front that edge on one side edge with the normal brick wall, but the other side and bottom are on the clad section. The clad section has brick behind it, just recessed by about 30mm from the normal wall. This means the window is recessed from the cladding and has a strip of wood (sort of a vertical windowsill) to make it fit nicely with the cladding.

My question is, if I buy UPVC replacements, what do I order to replace this strip? I can't find on any websites a UPVC strip that would do the job. My last resort is to use wood again, but I'd rather it all be UPVC. I'm thinking maybe I can get away with an actual windowsill, but they are designed to go back as far as the window, whereas I think this strip is on the surface of the wall itself.

Sponsored Links
Can you post a picture so we can better advise but plastics like this are available from any building plastics suppliers, most areas have a 'eurocell', you should find everything you need there
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local