Cladding on side of lean-to roof porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm re-roofing my low pitched porch roof. My plan is to replace the OSB, add a layer of vapour impermeable membrane and fix some plastic slate-effect tiles on top (probably these). At the moment the insulation is just a layer of fiberglass between the ceiling and the rafters.

The timber cladding on the sides of the roof also needs replacing, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about the best way to ensure this is weatherproof and insulated. Can I carry on the vapour impermeable membrane down the side of the roof, fix vertical battens over the top and then fix new timber cladding to the battens?

Any suggestions on adding a layer of insulation to the cladding on the side? It's a single skin unheated porch, so loads of insulation isn't paramount.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
"Can I carry on the vapour impermeable membrane down the side of the roof"

You'd be better having the membrane shed the water away at the eaves of the roof, not carry it down a wall to which timber is fixed

"insulation to the cladding on the side? It's a single skin unheated porch"

Maybe prefer spending the money on upgrading the insulative value of the door between the porch and the house; the porch is an unheated space that will pretty much adopt the temperature of the outside world - insulating it would be a waste of money that could be spent on improving problems in the dedicated warm envelope of the house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back