Clamp Speedfit Pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've removed a radiator from our central heating system by closing the rad valves and emptying it. I now need to remove the valves and cap off the pipes, so can I safely clamp the pipes for long enough to do this? I would rather avoid draining the whole system.

Sponsored Links
Is it your intention to not re connect this radiator ,or any other ,and effectively make the pipes redundant ?

I am actually going to connect a plinth heater to the existing pipes, so I will still be using the pipes. We're refitting the kitchen and removed a radiator to allow more unit space.

You do get pipe clamps but they're usually used for larger MDPE pipe that has a different structure.

Never had the need to squeeze off pex/barrier .... doesn't mean you couldn't I guess, not sure if would damage multi layered pipe or not.

Sponsored Links
I guess the worst that could happen is that the system would drain under the floor - wouldn't be the first time that's happened, since our dodgy plumber forgot to put an insert in and a joint failed! (At the same spot actually...)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back