Clamps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of extending my clamp range , as a xmas/birth present.

I currently have IRWIN Heavy-Duty One-Handed Bar Clamps 24" & 36" and thinking of getting some of the smaller clamps - 6" & 12"
I have some a few of the Lidl clamps but they are not the best and some very old screw type clamps, BUT i like the quick-release type now having used the Lidl ones a lot

I have the extender bar, which I'm not sure it would work with the Medium Duty, as they seem to sell a medium and heavy duty extender bar, BUT that maybe just the strength and fixing is the same, if i wanted to extend them - but the IRWIN do seem versatile and of course woud go with the 2 I have

BUT i have also seen some Bessey clamps - set of 4 on offer
https://ffx.co.uk/product/Get/Bessey-Ezm-Ezl-Set-4008158041377-4Pc-One-Handed-Clamp-Set
https://www.besseytools.co.uk/bessey-ezm-ezl-set-4-piece-clamp-set-besezmezlset

Irwin also do Mini and Micro, BUT not sure if these reverse to spread or if you can join and extend. I have used spread quite a few times

Use - just general DIY - clamping a guide for circular saw, Planing and for clamping panels and wood together
I saw the bessey clamps at the FFX show and almost bought a set, as i was lookign for a decent sash clamp
but the deal was not very good on the stand and that's where I got the IRWIN 24&36" clamps, which I have used a lot , and also joined for 1 big clamp

I may also get the corner attachments

Look forward to anyone's experience of the irwins & Bessy

Sponsored Links
I have just ordered that set thanks. I have a few bessey tools and I have always been impressed.

Sponsored Links
0k well I didn't know they existed , I have just looked on ebay and you can buy them separately .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back