Magnusson Sash Clamps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if they - like others - have the ability to be joined with another to double their length. Till now I have used Irwin quick clamps but will invest in a couple of longer sash one for some small chair gluing projects. I thought sash ones might suffice but need confirmation that i in the future I need long ones then can be joined like others on the market.

Sponsored Links
No, they don't have an extension bar available and AFAIK the bar cross section is slightly different to the Record (Irwin? Pah!) ones. I'll confirm the bar size iver the weekend - I have a couple of the knocking around, so I cab measure thdm if you'd like.

That doesn't stop you from getting two of them, removing the tail head from one of them, turning the other tail head round and bolting a pair together, end to end, to make one of nearly double the length.

An alternative might be to consider cramp heads
REC130N_300x200.jpg

and timber bars, which you can make any length you need out of 25mm thick x 50mm (min depth) planed softwood. The Record Marples ones are model no. M130, but Faithfull, Silverline, etc also sell their own copies (after all the design has been around since before WWI). Whilst the timber "bars" don't wear as well as metal they can be adjusted by the use of taper wedges. Cheap as chips, too, with copies costing £15 or so a set

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't stop you from getting two of them, removing the tail head from one of them, turning the other tail head round and bolting a pair together, end to end, to make one of nearly double the length.

That is exactly what I would like to be able to do if necessary at a later date. I've seen it done on other sash clamps but need confirmation that it is possible on the Magnusson ones.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back