Cleaned shower thermostat didn't shut water supply

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Never have I done any kind of plumbing other than a vehicle radiator.
I am a bit worried. My shower is a mixer shower and it wasn't giving good hot water so I took out the thermostat and as I was doing that all the water started gushing out the shower, so I ran to the main stopcock and turned it off. I cleaned the thermostat put it back in and now everything works fine but since in the beginning I didn't turn off the supply could this have had an effect on the main pipe work? Could this have damaged my water heater(electric) or something else? As I understand the mixer shower 'should' have some NRVs to prevent back pressure. Can it screw something up? I'm worried about my whole place flooding now. There were signs of little air in the system as I turned the shower back on but it went away quickly.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back