Mixer Shower - no water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hoping that someone can help me as struggling to get a plumber in these weird times!

We have a mixer shower which had been working fine, hot water supplied from a combi boiler, and then one day the water supply just stopped. When we turn it on we get a bit of water but it peters out within about 30 seconds. It's a mixer shower. Luckily we have a seperate bath, although the novelty of a daily one wears off pretty quickly, and the water supply to that is fine.

any thoughts on what it might be? I thought it might be the thermostatic cardridge but I'm not sure. We took that out quickly without turning off our water supply and the water gushed out so we popped it back in. It's not the shower head as I've cleaned that.

any advice greatly apprecaited!

thanks,
D

Sponsored Links
Pics of your shower valve would be helpful. Is it a horizontal bar type ?

If that doesn't fix it then possibly the filters need cleaned and the thermo valve's anti scald is kicking in or worst case it's the Thermo valve itself. I'd get it looked at by someone if you can't do it yourself.

Sponsored Links
Twisted shower hose, its quite common.

Unscrew the hose from the shower and turn the shower on to test.

Andy

I don't have a hose, it's all plumbed in? Think I need someone in but struggling to get anyone at the moment.

@Madrab suggested cleaning the filters. Post a pic of your shower, I can’t open the zip file.

8A412AB7-6182-4C9B-908A-866C9EB159BD.jpeg
Oops sorry, hopefully these work?

Attachments

• 789E3762-E399-4C0F-B44B-44A71E98F95F.jpeg
    789E3762-E399-4C0F-B44B-44A71E98F95F.jpeg
    252.3 KB · Views: 170
Turn off hot and cold supplies to shower. Large flat blade screwdriver in the slotted brass plug ( red and blue curcles)take out the brass . Below should be filter and non return valve ,to check / clean.
If they are ok the valve is the problem( and more than likely )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back