Cleaning decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have mildew on the decking making it slippery i have been told to clean it with household bleach does anybody know if this would be ok to use on the timber ?

Sponsored Links
jayes fluid or bleach should od it. test it on an area first as it can stain the wood. a good pressure washing or stiff broom will help get the worst of as well

I had to do this at my old place as its like glass when wet. Buy a cheapo pressure washer (£25). Work a treat, you wont need any bleach or similar. Took me about 1.5 hours to about 10 sq metres. You will get wet if its windy though. :)

Sponsored Links
I've used a watered down bleach based solution and yard brush and that did the job a lot quicker than the power washer.
The chlorine will render the surface nasty to the green regrowth so will stay cleaner for longer. Jeyes fluid works too.

I've used a watered down bleach based solution and yard brush and that did the job a lot quicker than the power washer.
The chlorine will render the surface nasty to the green regrowth so will stay cleaner for longer. Jeyes fluid works too.

i m confused about your answer?power washer and bleach based solution are used in different type of cleaning.

Why do you say they are used in different types of cleaning Jerry?

A bucket of a watered down bleach based solution and a stiff yard brush works well, it can be a lot better than a power washer, especially a cheap power washer.

The poster was just saying what I have just said, they are different methods but are both cleaning.

Pressure washer, Ronseal decking cleaner/reviver and small stiff brush works well for my 100 sq m of decking.

Tried watered down bleach which works ok, but the Ronseal brushed in and left on for 20 mins or so works damn well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back