Cleaning Hardened Paint brushes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just tidying up and found 7 or so good quality paint brushes I foolishly didn't clean and the bristles are rock hard (not sure what paint they were used with). Online I've seen posts on using warm soapy water, or vinegar, are there any other trade tips to make them usable again?

In the distant past I found paint stripper for gloss paint brushes worked, I don't think the reformulated strippers work very well now - or even if that is recommended!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Get a Brush Mate Container, the small one is ideal for DIY work.

http://www.brushmate.co.uk/productsummary.html

trade4.gif

krud kutter do a brush revival product, it works as well, but you have to leave the brushes in for a few days or so

Sponsored Links
Both products look very good thanks! A bit off topic, but are the other krud kutter products just as good? Looking to get a £50 order in to get free postage, they seem to have a lot of different products

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back