cleaning leather

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leather corner setee unit which we put in the consevatory. We now want to put it in the living room but have found that the back of the setee has gone mouldy.
I have tried to clean it but cant get it totally clean.
Does anyone know of any methods / products that'l do the job.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
apparently the trick is to completely dry the leather in a warm dry room for several days, the mould should then jus twipe off with a damp cloth..

Like coljack mentioned, the setee needs to be allowed to dry first.
But I would give a wipe down with a dry cloth or tissue to help it along the way.
Then leave in a warm room to dry out, then the next stage would be to clean with warm water and a mild soap(soap used on babies would be ideal).
Do a sample area first to assure no adverse effects.
Once the setee has been cleaned, leave to dry and repeat the cleaning process with warm soapy water, then with clean water and dry again.

Sponsored Links
saddle soap has been advised, as well as tea tree oil ( use the oil all over, it's good for the leather aparently )

Milton, sterilization fluid from local chemist should work a treat.

Wotan

Autoglym leather cleaner works well, followed by their leather care cream.....Meguiars have similar products - from motor factors.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back