Cleaning system after alteration

M

marsaday

Do you always clean the system after doing a change?

I am going to be changing 2 rads on my system. I will be doing a straightish swap on one and the other will be moved to another wall, so new pipe work will be laid.

I am also moving the boiler, so i need to realign all the pipe work going into here.

i am sure i will need to give the system a clean after all this. Do i just use a normal cleaner. i also have a magnet fitted to my system so it does collect all the oxide stuff.

ps. i have UFH in the kitchen and when i clean the system i dont want this to be cleaned. can i isolate this section of the system when i do a clean?

Sponsored Links
You have conflicting requirements.

If its reasonable clean then there is probably nothing that you need to do apart from perhaps topping up with inhibitor.

I dont see any logic in not including the UFH loop in any cleaning.

Tony

The loop is plastic and so i thought will not have as much crude in it.

So basically i dont need to run a clean through the system any way ?

I thought you needed to get rid of the flux etc.

Unless you overflux then the amount will be very small and can generally be ignored. But if it makes you feel good you could flush out that section after isolating all the other rads.

The dirt is contained within the water so if you have dirty water all should be treated including any in plastic pipes.

Tony

Sponsored Links
ok thanks. currently my water is crystal clear due to the magnaclean, so i think i will miss out any cleaning solution and just give it a water flush before the inhibitor goes in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back