Clear roofing that'll hold a mans weight?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a roofing material other than glass that is clear and will hold at least 14 stone of weight.

It will be used to replace Corrugated GRP sheeting that runs between our house and next door garage - I need it to hold my weight to allow access to a window for cleaning.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Whatever you use I would not rely on a manufacturer whatever they say and would uses scaffold boards or similar to spread your weight ........

and go on a diet!

I'm looking for a roofing material other than glass that is clear and will hold at least 14 stone of weight.

It will be used to replace Corrugated GRP sheeting that runs between our house and next door garage - I need it to hold my weight to allow access to a window for cleaning.

Any suggestions appreciated.

It's easy to make a glazed roof structure that will support your distributed weight. Making one that will support your weight as a point load is harder and more expensive.

Change the window to one that can be cleaned from inside.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back