Clearance between electrics & plasterboard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently been in the process of redecorating this room after having the house rewired last year

Decided to add rockwool for sound insulation, however I'm concerned about the lack of potential clearance between the plasterboard and wiring, & the risk of drilling into a cable while attaching a fitting.

Are there regs that cover this?

Pic below as example, some of the cables are tight already & there's little I can do to increase clearance, I've added clips to prevent the cabling traveling through the insulation

1000004072.jpg

Sponsored Links
Decided to add rockwool for sound insulation, however I'm concerned about the lack of potential clearance between the plasterboard and wiring, & the risk of drilling into a cable while attaching a fitting.
Ok.

Are there regs that cover this?
Nothing specific; just general rules regarding taking care and being safe.

Pic below as example, some of the cables are tight already & there's little I can do to increase clearance, I've added clips to prevent the cabling traveling through the insulation
You just have to take care when drilling and screwing and remember where the joists and cables are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back