Click-Pic of the week

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Discovered this fine little mess this week.

Pretty fine workmanship I'd say.

A half eaten packet of hobnobs to the lucky winner who can identify the most wrong-doings.

Sponsored Links
Single insulated conductors.

No earth to spur?

T&E used on plugtop.

No grommet on MC box?

Single earth cribbed off skt for something else.

Rubber cable?

Wrong fuse in spur?

Getting there.

Yeah, they come with 13A fuses so that must be correct :rolleyes:

Notice the choc-block screwed to the joist with a little bit of red tape draped over it?

Loads more like that all over the bungalow.

You don't think it might need re-wiring do you.

Sponsored Links
Is there any restrictions on those cables being in contact with the vermiculite granules?

Looks like the feed to our canteen in work actually.
13A FCU spurred off from God-Knows where, put the kettle, toaster and 2 microwaves on and someone has to pop up and replace the fuse. Sick of complaining about it.

Looks like you've got a blatant contrevention of EAWR there conny.

BAS - Not a new build, so Part L doesn't come in here...

you've got a blatant contrevention of EAWR there conny

Thats what the safety rep told them at the last meeting a month ago. We are still waiting for an 'independent' inspection. :evil:

Not enough insulation - obvious contravention of Part L.

And looks like vermiculite, so I'm assuming that if click gets the re-wiring job that his risk assessment will factor in likely asbestos contamination of this material....

Is that white flex coming out of the classy choc bloc (and the rest of the thin white cable I can see)?

Looks like my loft, so in that case theres nowt wrong with it, other than the cable clipping wasn't great. I must admit!
but how did you get up there? :D
and who cleaned up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back