Clicking noise from new Combi and toilet cistern issues!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, as ever this forum has come to the rescue and hopefully once again it will.

Recently had a new MAIN Eco 25 Combi boiler in to replace a cold water tank system in a flat. It all appears to be working however 2 issues

1) The boiler seems to be making a random clicking noise - when you look under the boiler, there is a flashing red light on the right bottom side that goes off when it clicks. BG says its the Diverter but plumber said he thinks its blocked water filter....

Any ideas?

The pressure seems ok and varies between 1 and 2 - should this vary actually or remain fixed....I would think it should be fixed?...not sure if related.

2) Toilet has a small/mini cistern installed which was working fine. The ball cock is catching the side of tank a bit and hence seems to have a life of its own and suddenly fills up tank a bit more then stops n starts randomly. I think this happened prior to new boiler installation.

However, afte installing Combi boilder, toilet is now mains fed (and not cold water tank). Does the flushing mechanism/ball cock need to be changed due to increased pressure?

Again not sure if 2 and 1 are related but it sometimes appears that when the toilet randomly fills up with water , the clicking sound happens on boiler....does this make any sense at all.....perhaps to one of you ... ;o)

Thanks for any replies!

Sponsored Links
No I think this is located in the base of the boiler - you can see it from under the boiler and don't think it's on anything seperate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back