fluidmaster push button cistern does not fill water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently, a new toilet is installed in my house. The cistern is the new fluidmaster push button. The water is from the cold water tank in the loft. The toilet is on the ground floor. The water filling process is very very slow. It takes 25 mints to fill the 3/4 cistern. However, when tried to using the main supply, it filles in 2 mints. Obviously, the water pressure is the key issue. The toilet is the Wickes "toilet to go". It is cheap. Wickes said thousands have been sold but no one complained about the filling water problem. Wickes also said there is no requirement for the water pressure. What could be wrong?

Sponsored Links
probably got a HP seal fitted and needs th Lp seal fitting.

Take the top of the fill valve off and check.
the HP is black.
the LP is red.

Could be as you say poor flow of water.

Could be a bit of swarf blocking the valve or the filter. Can you crack the float open and check for nothing inside?

The fact that when you connect it to the mains it fills up faster points to poor flow, but 2 minutes is still a long time for a toilet to fill up.

Sponsored Links
I have been keeping contact the Wickes regarding the water pressure requirement for the last 3 days. But there is no answer!

I bought the toilets from Wickes, which are not working because there is no tech information in documents or web.
I bought the bath mixer tap from Amazon, which is not working because the wrong tech information appeared in the web.

The world is just crazy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back