clio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I nomally get by sorting my own probs with my cars, but things are starting to get quite complicated under the bonnet nowadays, so i stopped doing car repairs a while back. A mate called yesterday with his clio running rough, it's an 03 1.2 petrol, sounds like it's running on 3 pots, but the thing is when you pull the lead of the suspect pot, the damn thing runs better,never seen this before, so if anyone else has i'de be really happy to hear of it, thanks

Sponsored Links
This could be a head gasket gone between the cylinders,I have had similar symptoms before.If you remove a plug lead it stops that cylinder from firing,so there isn't a pressure rise transfering across to it's nieghbour.
You can check for this with a compression test.Also,could it be "crossfiring",this is ht current crossing from one plug lead to another with dirt or damp causing tracking.

Unfortunatly you cant remove the plugs on that engine without a special long and thin pluig socket to check them, there is a good chance its a coil pack problem (as ever with Renaults), however it could do with going to Renault for propper diagnosis on there fault code reader (Clip lap top).

Thanks for your replys, we were thinking on the lines of the coil pack, just needed to hear it off some other person. the coil pack is going to a friends clio to see if his car will run or not with it swapped over, will let you know the outcome

Sponsored Links
Back