Leaky Clio sunroof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mate with a Clio. He has a sunroof leak, and I think I might be the lucky chap who gets to try and fix it!

The car has a factory-fitted, manual, tilt-only sunroof. It's one of the glass ones with an over-centre catch on the back that can either lift the back of the glass a few inches, or be disengaged completely, allowing the glass panel to be lifted out altogether.

So far, we have checked the drains (both clear). I'm guessing that the water is coming in between the aluminium frame and the steel car roof, so I might have to take the whole thing out and re-bed it on some sort of sealant.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what sort of sealant to use? (or any suggestions as to where else the leak might be coming from), please?

Sponsored Links
Just a thought mate, but the Clio was notorious for leaking at the base of the radio aerial.......a similar area to the sun roof, and guaranteed failure of the central locking sensor above the mirror.
The problem isn't from there, perchance?
John :)

Fantastic! Ta! I shall investigate further! I've no idea as yet. I haven't seen the car, but the more information I can get, the better. Regardless which is the offending item, would you have any recommendations on sealant? I guess ordinary bathroom silicone is one of them, but I was also wondering about some of the more "adhesive" sorts - like the Sikaflex plyurethanes. There seems to be a bewildering array of stuff these days!

Sponsored Links
Back