Cloak room toilet drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a toilet on a wooden floor in my cloak room. Below the wooden floor is a 2 foot gap.Can I drop down the 110mm soil pipe down to the concrete foundation then run the 110mm soil pipe flat for 4 metres then when outside of the house have it fall away to join the drain?.Any suggestion please.

Sponsored Links
1:40 is the recommended minimum though you can still have success with much less fall provided you are very accurate. It also makes a difference how 'busy' the pipe run is.

For example, a 6m run of plastic pipe will run smoothly with as little as a few inches of fall provided it is arrow straight with no branches or such like.

However, running level for any distance is not a good idea.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, but unless a 4" drain was absolutely impossible I would never entertain a Saniflo. They are the devils own work when they go wrong. :mad:

Fit some graduated blocks under the 4" pipe to achieve a 1 in 40 fall.

Only fit a macerator if you intend moving house before it fails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back