Cloakroom sink drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I have a corner sink I want to put in the downstairs toilet but the only place I can plumb in the drain off I can see is the toilet waste pipe, can I do this?
I want to avoid stinking up the house if I can!!
Any advise would be very much appreciated!!
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes if you can use one of the limited range of wc outlet fittings which have a "boss" on for the purpose. See McAlpine and other plastic drainage fitting company sites.

Sorry to hijack the post here, but would building regs allow a sink to be plumbed into one of those special pan connectors? Could there be any nasty smells coming the new sink? :confused:

Cheers!

Shaun

MisterMuddle said:
Sorry to hijack the post here, but would building regs allow a basin to be plumbed into one of those special pan connectors? Could there be any nasty smells coming the new basin? :confused:

Cheers!

Shaun
Not if you fitted a Hep2 -o waste valve instead of a trap :idea:to the basin..........ordinary trap=19th.Century invention.Hep.Valve 21st.Century ;) And it NEVER looses it`s seal

Sponsored Links
Why not use an ordinary trap ? - they have a water seal.

The arrangement must comply with Building Regs and BSEN

It will be a basin not a sink presumably

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back