Downstairs toilet

BMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’m trying to figure out how best to go about a little project of installing a downstairs toilet and sink, the drainage is the bit I’m stuck on so any help will be greatly appreciated.

I’m planning on putting a toilet and sink in our garage. In picture 1 you can see the existing set up in our garage (apologies for the artwork, was never any good). There is a bottle trap in the corner that the kitchen waste runs into, which then runs into the man hole. The existing upstairs bathroom soil pipe comes into the man hole on the right.

Picture 2 shows what I want to do, put a toilet in and reroute the waste pipe which is 110mm to the toilet. Have a small sink added to the right of the toilet with this waste going into the WC connector. I then wanted to route the kitchen waste into the pipe that the toilet will be connected to, is this allowed? Also would I need a soil vent pipe, as there is already one from the main bathroom? I’ve looked online but I’m getting more confused. Thanks.

Attachments

• 17F47097-E61A-4820-9D39-C74D27A134F9.jpeg
    17F47097-E61A-4820-9D39-C74D27A134F9.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 180
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back