Cloakroom waste question

9 Dec 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I want to renew some pipework which is dripping and have a quick question. The pipework is the waste from the basin in a downstairs cloakroom. I notice that the current pipework is marked Polypipe 36mm. One of the connectors states on the side 32mm. I think the current pipework is what I think is called welded. I want to renew this with pushfit pipework and connectors. I need a small length of pipe, but cannot find 36mm pipe available only 32mm. Am I right in thinking I can buy thed 32mm pipework and various 32 mm connectors (like elbow bends) in the pushfit range and this will work? Or is there some kind of reducer I need between 36mm and 32mm? I replaced the P bend with 32mm this morning and connected it to the current pipework and it works ok. However, since doing that I notice that the pipework itself is leaking so now need to replace that. Will a 32mm straight double connector work where I intend to cut the current pipe?

Can someone clarify for me before I go and buy the stuff.

Sponsored Links
Solvent weld pipe and pushfit are different sizes so that you can't confuse the two. The glue doesn't work on the pushfit pipe. If you want to connect the different systems together, you can use a compression fitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links