Close cavity across door opening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20181121_100243.jpg 20181121_100617.jpg
Hi, After removing ceramic floor tiles, I found two damp patches on the tile adhesive left on the floor, this was caused by the mastic asphalt being damaged and the tiler filling the holes with his adhesive.

I have cut the asphalt back and removed the top layer of sand and cement screed that was about 2” thick. The cavity was filed with a mixture of sand, bits of copper pipe, plastic pipe clips, nails, rotten wood, and broken bit s of brick.

The DPM has been cut off at the base of the slab (don’t know why this has been done) and it looks like the slab is sitting on a course of bricks but can’t be sure, theirs also no DPC under the UPVC door

What is the best way to fix this as I want to lay LVC or laminate flooring.
Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
yur door has been fixed in the wrong position.
the frame should be set back a min of 75mm from the face of the building.
your frame should have had a deeper sill so as to project out past the face of the building, an the jambs an head would cover the wall cavities.

what to do now?
read up on here with the search button an similar threads below for lots of info and pics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back