Close Fitting Radiator Brackets - Where to Buy??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where to get rad brackets which keep the rad close to the wall say about a 20mm gap? I'm looking to replace single panel rads with double panel single convector but don't want to move any pipework or drain the system. Standard ones that come with a new rad are not close enough so there must be an after market bracket which deals with this scenario??

Sponsored Links
What about bending the existing brackets outwards, and moving them a little closer together?

I don't know if the effectiveness of the radiator would be diminished by reducing the space - but remember that you'll never get a radiator roller down there again.

I've already done this with one rad but have got three more to do. The brackets were quite substantial so adjusting them to desired distance was very hard as I am not an engineer! As far as getting a roller down the back - if you cant see whats there it wont really matter - or at least not until the missus notices! Thanks for the reply tho.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back