Closure plate Material ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put an Electric Heater in our fireplace to replace the old log burner I've recently taken out.
I had to break the old register plate to get it out and I now need to put a closure plate in place, (not sure if closure plate is the correct term).
What is the best material for this ? The old register plate was like Hardiebacker board, would Hardiebacker board be suitable for the closure plate?

Any guidance from the experts would be very welcome.

Thanks
Mick

Sponsored Links
Hardiebacker / Aquapanel cement board will be just fine for the plate Mick......has the flue gone now?
John :)

Hello John
Thanks for your reply and yes the flue has gone to all intents and purposes.
I put a post re closure plate on yesterday but somehow I screwed it up and put it on a different posting I put on last week for tips on covering the hole in the roof if had to take the whole flue out.
I couldn't find a cap for the flue anywhere, I could possibly have had one made but following your tips I had a chat with very helpful "fluesystems.com" and,
over the weekend, i took the burner out (two man job), took the top two of the three sections off the flue and and capped the bottom section using the cowl from the top :D .

Almost there now so thank you very much for your help.
Best Regards
Mick

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...ing-a-log-burner-flue-1.547664/#ixzz6RXW5EXDv

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back