clothes come out dirty from washing machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my washing machine it's a Hotpoint WF860. When I took the washing out of the machine it was covered in black marks / spots.
The washer sounds fine when it's in use.

Can anyone please help /

June

Sponsored Links
you may have left something in like a pen in one of the clothes, or it maybe a seal starting to overheat throwing dirty grease back into tub.
check your belt for grease coating also

Thanks for the reply.

No, I have left nothing in the washer, no pens or even dark stained clothes. They just comes out like that.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

June

This is what I read from another reader in 2005. His name is John D, seems to be helpful. I will also try this and hope to clean my machine ..

this is often due to a buildup of soap and softener causing sludge, especially if you use low-temperature washes a lot.

Give it a HOT! wash, with NO powder, and some cotton towels. If you see them frothing up you will know it is dissolving soap powder that has built up.

Do it again.

When the hot water stops being soapy, you have got it clean.

This is a maintenence wash and you might find it mentioned in the machine instructions.

Pull out the soap powder drawer, and give it, and the slot, a scrub with hot water to remove any congealed softener and powder. If you find black mildew in there, spray and scrub with a kitchen clener that has bleach in it. the bleach kills the mildew, and then it comes off easier. I use a nylon washing-up brush (but personally, I have now taken to throwing the scoop of powder in through the porthole rather than into the drawer).

Also check the instructions for your powder and make sure you are not adding too much.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=126740#ixzz1Qn7Bop3e

Sponsored Links
Ultra low temperature washing is very fashionable now in order to “save the planet” but, unfortunately, it doesn’t really work that well for either your clothes or washing machine. Continually washing at low temperature will, after a while, give you all sorts of problems with your machine, your clothes & possibly your health! If your machine is actually capable of doing a boil wash, do one at least once a month to clean it out & kill all the grotty bacteria that will grow in there as a result of continual 40/60 degree washes & a build up of powder crud; christ you can set most thermostatic shower temps to a safe 40 degrees C.

If not, skip it & buy a washing machine that will actually wash at a decent temperature & stuff the planet! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back