CLS door linings for 2040mm door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, wondering if anybody can point me in the direction of a company who sell door linings suitable for CLS which can accommodate a 2040mm tall door? I have 3 linings to replace, 2 of them are 120mm (89mm CLS + 2 x 12.5mm PB + skim) and one is 94mm deep.

So far I have only found CLS linings that will take maximum of 1981mm tall door, or linings for 2040mm doors which are usual non-CLS depths (i.e. 108mm or 132mm).

What would you guys do in this situation? Buy oversized linings for 2040mm height doors and plane them down to fit?

Sponsored Links
Buy oversize, rip down and face-off with a jack plane OR buy timbers to the correct sections, cut to length, trench the head and make-up on-site. One's as much work as the other, but with the make-from-scratch option you can be more picky about the quality of timber you are getting (takes a real timber yard, though, not B&Poo)

I bought the oversized and ripped & planed them. Came out pretty good!

Too late now, but the horns cut off the head of a standard lining/casing can be tacked on the bottom of the jambs to raise it to suit the bigger door.

Sponsored Links
I think that would get a "pull" for poor quality on a lot of jobs I've worked on because you will always see the join

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back