cm927 with aditional 2 port valve and wired room thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, this is my first time asking a question. I am a heating engineer by trade but i am not an expert when it comes to electronics. hence my being here.

At the moment i have a combi boiler and i use a honeywell cm927 wireless programmer. My wife is expecting a new arrival shortly and the baby's room is like a fridge due to no cavity walls.

my solution is to try and keep that room warm no matter what the wireless programmer says. The way i plan on doing this is as follows, and i would like your thoughts on this and to let me know if it is possible and what connections to use.

Ok here goes.

The babys room is the first radiator off the system so i plan to add a 2 way zone valve onto the flow pipe directly after the radiator tails in the permanently closed position. I then plan to add a wired room thermostat on the wall and take this directly to the boilers thermostat connection, thus when the temperature in the room drops below what ever i set, regardless to the 972's programming the boiler will fire up and only heat up that room.

my real problem is, how do i wire up the zone valve into the 972's receiver box (bdr91) so that when the rest of the house requires heat, the zone valve opens and all radiators operate.

sorry for the long winded approach but i wanted to get as much detail in here as possible. please ask me if you need more details.
many thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have a combi why not simply site the programmable roomstat only (no other timer), in the cold room, so acting like a barometer for the rest of the house and fit good Trv's to the rest of the rads to control temps in all other areas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back