Coal Layout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We have got a gas fire, which works just fine and is very nice. We have previously removed the artificial coals for cleaning on various occasions.

Somebody recently told me that the way that the coals are layed out on the fire makes a difference to how it performs. I'm afraid that i don't have the installation book any more and can't be sure that they are where they should be.

My question is - is this purely an efficiency situation or can the coal layout be important to the safety of the appliance.

Thanks,

Don

Sponsored Links
IIRC, on the gas fire we had the 'coals' were moulded in about a dozen pieces, with moulded numbers on the bottom, and nibs that fitted together like a jigsaw puzzle. I think the numbering ran from left to right and front to back. The flame picture was actually controlled by a tray of vermiculite underneath the 'coals'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back