PAYLESS DIY JET380 gas fire coals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, i recently moved into a property and it has a gas fire with coals. next to the fire was a bag of the coals that had been removed as the previous owners had done cleaning. anyway someone said the coals have to be placed correctly or it may be dangerous or not work properly.
The fire has a lable on it that says it is a PAYLESS DIY . i know that this company is well old and doesnt exist anymore but i have tried googling it to get info with no luck at all.
is there anyone out there that can help please. i have searched all drawers in the house to try and find instructions but with no luck.maybe someone has instructions or may no how to do this.

The fire is a Payless diy, jet380.
thank you for looking.

Sponsored Links
Try asking Jetmaster Fires if it was one of theirs.

If you post a photo here someone might recognize it.

Why would you think Payless is a rebranded Jetmaster?, without any clues?

Wasn't Payless a shed brand inc. tools etc? Wickes?

Oops, my bad. Just googled and they were a DIY store in their own right (was close!), dissolved in 2010.

Post up a picture of the fire,especially the controls and coals. The biggest manufacturer of rebranded fires is Faecal (Sorry,Focal) Point.

Last edited:
Payless was indeed a chain of DIY sheds.

But since the fire was called Jet380 then a possibility that it might have been made by Jetmaster Fires.

Sponsored Links
OK, fair enough.
But I don't think JM ever sold through that market. Too damned expensive!
Although for a few years they were owned by Dimplex. who cocked it up, then sold it back to the original family owners (in S. Africa).

EDIT: Bit if a shock! They (at least the UK arm) appear to have gone bust, and taken over by Hunter Stoves

Last edited:
But they still have a web site called Jetmaster Fires!

I was only looking quickly to confirm the name still exists with hopefully somebody who might be able to say if the Jet380 was one of theirs.

Here is some photo's.sorry i havent done it till now been away.
thanks for any input.

Attachments

• IMG_2940.JPG
    IMG_2940.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2942.JPG
    IMG_2942.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2944.JPG
    IMG_2944.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2945.JPG
    IMG_2945.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2946.JPG
    IMG_2946.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2947.JPG
    IMG_2947.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 121

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back