Can anyone help with a fire problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have recently bought a house and I have a gas fire in the lounge.

we have no manual for this fire and we need to know how to place the coals on the bed, as our engineer has cleaned them all up but has no guide to set them up, I said I would try and find out but this has turned out much harder than I thought.

The fire is an 'Auraflame Compact 16', I have search high and low for this, I was told that it is by Legend fire but I have contacted them and they have said it is not there's, They even told me to send a picture to confirm.

Does anyone know where I can get these details from? it does have a data plate on it stating where to do the smoke test from and input etc, it also has a phone number of 01722 714366, but this just rings out no matter how long I call or at what time.

any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee

I would send a picture but I'm new on here and not worked out how yet?!?! [/img]

Sponsored Links
The fire is an 'Auraflame Compact 16', I have search high and low for this, I was told that it is by Legend fire but I have contacted them and they have said it is not there's, They even told me to send a picture to confirm.

http://www.bespokefiresurroundsofwoolton.co.uk/gas fires.html

scroll down to image 30 (no numbers you will have to count. I am guessing this is a similar name but different fire? It would explain the Legend confusion.

EDIT: someone is looking for the same on a different website forum, but has said Auraflame went bust in 2004. Is that yourself?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys.

The problem is not the ventilation, it's 6.9kw but I know that it's ok, I was just wanting info on how to lay out the coals.

also, those fires are new and modern, this one is as old as gods dog!!

And no, that's not me on the other forum, I have seen that on my mission to find the manual though :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back