Coax protector

JP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help ?

I'm trying to find the plastic covers that fit over coax as it enters an outside wall, does anyone know where these are available from?

JP

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the plastic collars that fit against the wall, through which the cable is threaded?

Sorry to be negative, but I've only seen people like C & W (Arrrrghhhh!) use them, and then it seems that they use them to cover up a f*****g great hole they've smashed through the wall because they drilled from the inside with no finesse whatsoever.

Sorry JP, the short answer is no. I shouldn't rant & rave like that, it only increases my BP.

That's what I looking for, thank you !!!!!

I think they are used for covering up poor workmanship but I think they look better than nothing at all and if fitted properly keep rain water out,

Thanks again
JP

Sponsored Links
So as well as a manky raggedy hole, has it not been drilled angled upwards into the house?

There are three methods you can combine to ensure that moisture never penetrates the wall where a cable enters:

One> as BAN says, the hole should be angled upwards into the house (or if you're drilling from the inside to outside, down)

Two> form a small loop of cable under the hole. This encourages rain water to collect and drip off the loop, not run into the hole.

Three>seal up with a good quality silicone sealant.

Way I learnt
1) drill down at a slight angle with pilot drill
2) follow hole with clearance sized drill from in side
3) use a bigger drill to "countersink" inside and out when cable is through
4) fit coax plug
5) fill with silicon the countersinks and smooth
6) make good plaster work inside
7) smooth down and re-paint

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back