Code stopped working on Risco Agility 3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My alarm stopped responding this evening. I came back home (alarm was set) and typed the code as usual to unset the system. The code was not recognised and the system asked "try again". I couldn't stop the alarm going off. I put the code in several times, but the sounder went off.

Now that the sound has stopped I cannot enter the event log and it is erratically accepting the code to set and unset (sometimes I can set the system, sometimes it will not do anything after I put the code in, sometimes it says try again). I cannot go into the engineer's menu either.

The system was working well before this happened. I was away for a few days.

Any ideas as why it is behaving in this manner? Would it damage the alarm if I take the battery out without going into the engineer's menu first? Thanks

Sponsored Links
How old are the batteries in the keypad
About a year ago. Would you think this is the reason for the malfunction? Thanks Handymanjo. Apologies for the delay replying, didn't have wifi over the last couple of days. Back online.

with all wireless panels and devices the following can affect the system.

metal work (seen a new fridge freezer absorb enough signal to stopa keypad from working, so one of them had to move)

radio jamming can stop it from working

most common is the batteries run low and it hasn't enough umph to report back and disarm the system.

I see about 18 months for the keypad batteries on the Agility 3, but depends on whether you use an app, and whether the keypad is set to wake up when the entry has started.

ie the less the keypad is used the longer the battery lasts.

Just seen then Agility 4 is due out soon but no info on it as yet.

Sponsored Links
with all wireless panels and devices the following can affect the system.

metal work (seen a new fridge freezer absorb enough signal to stopa keypad from working, so one of them had to move)

radio jamming can stop it from working

most common is the batteries run low and it hasn't enough umph to report back and disarm the system.

I see about 18 months for the keypad batteries on the Agility 3, but depends on whether you use an app, and whether the keypad is set to wake up when the entry has started.

ie the less the keypad is used the longer the battery lasts.

Just seen then Agility 4 is due out soon but no info on it as yet.

Thank you Secureiam. I will try changing the battery on the keypad, by following instructions in the manual. There have not been any other changes in the house, so I think it may be the battery.

I hope I can get into the engineer's mode, as so far I have been unable. Would it trigger a negative response if I open the keypad without going into the engineer's menu first?

Thanks a lot.

wouldn't worry about it, chances are if theres not enough power for it to register your code, taking it off the wall wont be an issue as it probably wont register the tamper.

tampers at default would only cause internal alarm and it doesn't take long to undo the bottom screw and then remove the battery screw when you slide off the keypad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back