coil not heating on hot water cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey people,

Central heating working fine but the coil on cylinder not heating properly. the return pipe is warm but the flow pipe is cold so not getting any hot water at all,wel sometimes a little bit warm but only or a minute even if the boiler on a couple of hours. there is no air in the coil, there is a mortorising valve on the flow and i tried pushing the lever but didnt work.

any suggestions?? sooner the better please because no emersion heater at the minute.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
When you say pushing the motorised valve didn't work, how exactly did it not work? Would it not move at all? Or did it move very freely with no resistance? Or did it move with resistance but the pipes did not warm up? How long did you hold it open for?

Sponsored Links
When you say pushing the motorised valve didn't work, how exactly did it not work? Would it not move at all? Or did it move very freely with no resistance? Or did it move with resistance but the pipes did not warm up? How long did you hold it open for?

opened with resistance yea but pipes did not warm up. i held it open for bout a minute. maby i should keep it open longer???? if so why is it not opening automaticaly? replace? thanks for reply.

thanks bolton...ill try that if this dont work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back