No Hot water but central heating is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It`s not a combi mate, circulation has nothing to do with f and e tank,tank is there to top up only,it`s rarely used,a blocked cold feed doesn`t matter at all. Everything still works. Think about it. If tee is blocked through to coil you won`t know unless you have probs with heating. Blocked cold feed won`t interrupt circulation it just won`t be there when youneed to top up heating system/ rads/coil will it?

Sponsored Links
I have explained how in words that you are wrong, I don`t need pictures, explain to me how I am wrong? You are avoiding the question, how will a blocked cold feed on an open vented system with an indirect hot water cylinder affect the hot water? Answer in words or do one,I`m losing patience.And you are losing credibility. Just got the pic, vent from heating doesn`t vent into header tank for a start. Bocked cold feed wouldn`t affect circulation to coil because the system does not rely on circulation from the tank, are you a complete idiot or can you not grasp this?

Sponsored Links
You are wrong mate simple, accept it or carry on mouthing off. In your scenario the coil would be starved of circulation i.e blocked, equals no heating. :rolleyes: A blocked cold feed indicates an inability to top up the existing circulating system,doesn`t stop circulating system,Jesus, you want a diagram??

Well, in my original drawing, the hot water wouldn't have worked because it wasn't connected to the fricking flow of the boiler :rolleyes:

In this drawing, the tee holding the primary flow and chips feed is blocked. How is heat going to circulate through the coil.

I think you need to go back to plumbing school dude.

I have explained how in words that you are wrong, I don`t need pictures, explain to me how I am wrong? You are avoiding the question, how will a blocked cold feed on an open vented system with an indirect hot water cylinder affect the hot water? Answer in words or do one,I`m losing patience.And you are losing credibility.

I'm avoiding nothing bud .. If you can't read that's not my problem. You crack on. ;)

IMAG0031_zpsmycszcv8.jpg

Just in case you are still struggling. ;)

Tee totally clogged. Heating working fine.

No hot water.

System full.

Ta da. Eureka.

Dan, if it was a blocked cold feed then the coil would be affected not heating the cylinder but not heating the rads first come on mate,you are digging a hole for yourself here. Enough on this,think you have learned a valuable lesson. ;) Do you think that if I capped off the f and e tank to the heating system ,it would stop circulating or working?

Typo and you knew what i meant coil and cylinder would be affected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back